Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Always a first for everything...

It was such a pretty day the other day that I decided to walk Murphy and Macy. I switch off because they are both such pains to walk at the same time. I was enjoying my walk with Macy when I suddenly heard a little rustling of leaves beside me. It was squirrel! Macy was trying to get it and pulling me towards the squirrel. Now squirrels are supposed to be afraid of dogs. The little rodent starting chasing us and lunging towards Macy! I started to jog at first to try and get away from it, and it kept coming for us. I thought for sure that either I was going to see a squirrel massacre, Macy get bit, or me get bit by a rapid squirrel. I started sprinting with Macy across the street. I seriously have not moved that much since July! The squirrel luckily did not want to cross the street. We called it a day at that point. We went home huffing and puffing from the little run. So weird!

1 comment:

Paige said...

that is so scary! I don't do well with critters.