Sunday, June 7, 2009

Home sweet home

The Grandfathers









The nurse gave us a carseat tutorial

So after seven days in the hospital, we finally got to bring our precious girl home. Getting out of the hospital was ridiculous. It took forever! I think it was 5 before I got out of there. It was a bitter sweet moment. I was now leaving the place that gave me the most special thing in my life. My moment was gone. I had delivered my first child. I was starting to get anxious as they were bringing my wheelchair around. Sure enough I start crying the second it gets moving. It was really funny though because Neal was trying to get pictures, but the tech lady that was pushing the chair was going turbo down the ramp and wouldn't really let Neal get a shot. Then she starts lecturing me on why women shouldn't get an epidural. Weird! So we were off. I was so paraniod, especially since we had to take death highway 635 home. That is the worst. I cried pretty much the whole way home. I called Natalie to make sure that she did the same thing so that I didn't feel crazy. She did. Emery was so tiny in her little carseat. She was so fragile. So we brought the little muffin home and my mom had been waiting at home since forever. It was so neat to bring her home for the first time. Our little family was finally growing. After 8 years of marriage and three dogs later, here was our first child. So great!!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Great post! Teary eyed....