Sunday, May 24, 2009

Emery Nicole Staab

The almost Easter baby

Nat, Kate, and Paige

Lauren, Jamye, Neal, Linsay and Hillary-This pic will not get any bigger for some reason




Auntie Nat with Emery
How swollen is my face??? We are with the best doctor ever! So awesome!
My Mom and Emery

My Dad with his first grandchild





Proud Daddy
The NICU people-luckily they left






Me and my little girl

Just waiting...
Our little baby girl was born at 3:07 in the afternoon on April 13th! It was a weird day for me. I actually don't remember most of the labor and delivery. As I was saying in my last blog, I really wasn't there physically or mentally. That could actually be a good thing! I don't remember getting the epidural or really when I began pushing. The Moms and Nat came in during one of my breaks while pushing, and I hardly remember them. It is almost like I went to bed that night and all of a sudden I was pushing. It was crazy. It is like I snapped out it in time to deliver. All of a sudden there was this girl in front of me telling me pull a towel out of her hands. So weird. I remember begging Neal for ice chips. I was soooo thirsty. I was on a magnesium drip for my blood pressure, and I think that combined with everything else made me so thirsty and sleepy. My poor doctor would be talking to me, and I would just fall asleep in mid conversation. After 3.5 hours pushing he finally suggested using forceps. I was like sure! I was so tired by that point. Now that I definitely remember! That hurt alot. I am sure it was because I was tearing in half, but I was definitely awake then. I just remember waiting for her to let out her cry. I was so relieved she was ok. They whisked her off the her little warmer thing, and I just saw all of these people come in. I guess she wasn't very responsive, and I remember seeing her just lying there, and not really moving very much. Everything ended up fine, and they handed her to me. Well I started falling asleep with her in my arms, and my arms felt like mush. I had to hand her off to Neal because I felt like I was going to drop her. She was so precious and small. She weighed 5lbs. 13 ounces. It was so surreal. I can't believe we were parents! That night they kept her in the nursery since I was still out of it. My poor friends, and the grandmas came in to visit me, and I didn't remember much of that. How embarrassing! I apparently asked my friends for push pop and, I think it was Paige and Nat that I asked for chocolate. How random. Aside from all of the medication mess, it was the best day ever. I was so glad to have her safe and out of my belly. I never knew what she was doing in there so I was always a little concerned. Undoubtedly the best day of our lives!

1 comment:

Paige said...

now i am cracking up about the chocolate. you were a mess!