Sunday, May 24, 2009

Shower time!

Happy me!

The best friends ever! Thank you for everything girls. Love you!


We just loved this bib! I don't think Neal is going to share this one.

My constant cheerleader Jess and Amy Kerr-UTEP girls

Love these girls-Melissa, Lauren, Hillary and Lindsay

So cute!

Paige and I two weeks apart(so we thought)

Us with the grandmas to be

My last bridal shower was something that signaled to me the end of my pregnancy. It always seemed so far away, but once it came, it kind of sunk in that I was going to have this baby pretty soon. Little did I know how soon! One more week and I would have missed my shower! I had just the best time at my shower. Natalie, Lindsay, and Paige hosted it at Natalie's house. It looked so pretty! There were fairies everywhere. I kind of stumbled upon that theme for the Emery's bedding, but it looks so cute on everything else too. My Mom came in town, and I was so excited for her to meet my friends. I wanted her to see what kind of support, and what kind of great people I was surrounded by in Dallas. She has only met a few of my friends here. Almost everyone was there, and I felt soooooo blessed to have such wonderful people in my life. It makes these special moments in life so much sweeter. Emery received such great gifts from such giving people. I particularly lost control of my emotions when I was surprised with my car seat and stroller that Nat, Paige, Linds, and Paige's Mom got for me. It just screamed baby for me. It made it real at that moment. I was overwhelmed by the generosity of my friends that had already done so much. It was a really sweet gift along with the other great things that I have been able to really put to use! Then there was the video. Nat told us all to go the where the TV was, and there was Neal on the TV screen answering some questions about me and the pregnancy. I lost it again. My emotions were already kind of out of whack and this just sealed the deal for me. It was such a cute video, and I can't wait to look at it when time has passed, and Emery is a little older. It is such a great keepsake. It was such a special day, and I couldn't even imagine how special it was going to be to actually use everything on an actual baby. It has been such a joy in my life, and no one could have truly explained what it was going to be like to be a mother. I had no clue that day. Thank you to all my friends and family for making that day a special moment in my life that I will never forget.

No comments: