Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pregnancy In a Nutshell

One of my last pregnant pictures



Love this picture!
I couldn't wait to show! Takes forever.

So before I go on about the delivery of my Emery I wanted to sum up my pregnancy. The first trimester for me was not really fun. I was excited to be pregnant, but didn't want to fully invest myself it in just in case something happened. I was nauseous from time to time, but nothing major. I didn't have an appetite ever, and when I did I went straight to Whataburger. Love those fries! I also could be seen eating out of an ice cream container from time to time. Once that was over, my second trimester was a little easier. I still didn't have an appetite, but at least I wasn't nauseous. I still wasn't really showing yet. I luckily was able to stay in my normal clothes with the use of my belly band. That is the greatest thing ever! The only thing that was awful was the whole thigh and inner thing widening. Horrible! You know your stomach is going to get big, but your thighs? Not fun. Then came the third trimester. All of a sudden, I started to get a little nausea, and then fat ankles. That was fine, but then my knees disappeared! I feel that I am fortunate that that all came at the end. Some poor things get it way sooner. What I enjoyed most was that feeling of a little girl stretching and kicking in my stomach. The anticipation of her arrival was so much fun. What was she going to look like? How was she going to be? Will we be the best parents we could be for her? Aside from the end, my pregnancy was just a miracle, and I was so priviledged to be able to experience it. It is truly a fascinating thing that our bodies know what to do to protect this little being that is growing in our bellies. Although I may not have always enjoyed every minute of it, I loved being pregnant, and would gladly do it again! After coming home with Emery after having left the house pregnant, I was actually a little sad it was over. It was a really weird feeling. There is only one first pregnancy, and my moment was over. Can't wait for the second!

No comments: