Sunday, May 24, 2009

What happened??


My Mom and Nat-visits in between pushes

Betty and Nat-So sweet- I am so happy Neal took these pictures

Not my best moment-definitely not my best hair day

I had these visions of what having a baby would be like, and I wasn't even close to my little fantasies. The night before giving birth to Emery my nurse gave me Cervadryl(spelling??) which makes your cervix ripen. That was not too comfortable. Also, let me say that Nat had that same thing put in, and she told me nothing would happen overnight. She said they gave her Ambien and that all was well. So I was like, great! Uh huh. Well I immediately started cramping. I then decided to ask for the Ambien because I didn't think that I would be able to fall asleep. 45 minutes later I was still awake and the pain had gotten worse. Now I had crazy back pain. It hurt alot! So I asked for a painkiller or something. I was given Demerol. That is when it all ended for me. That was the last thing that I truly remember. I have two flashbacks from that night. One was me standing up telling Neal that I think my water broke, and the other was me sitting on the bed being wheeled out getting sick and holding a little bag. That was it! What on earth??? I guess it was the beginnings of me going into labor, but I didn't know it at the time. Poor Neal was let to handle it all basically alone. I was of no use to him. Little did I know my little girl was ready to come out a little quicker than expected...

1 comment:

Paige said...

i am cracking up at that last picture!