Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Belly Bonanza...

Paige (due 5-14), Khiandra(5-10), Me(5-1), and Christy (2-9)

Paige, Me, Amanda, Christy, Khiandra

So Christy Mixon's shower was this past weekend. In addition to being a good friend, Christy and I used to be on the same first grade team. She was pregnant with Sophie, her first baby, during my second year teaching. She is now due in about two weeks with her second girl! She is naming her Olivia, which was actually a name that I really wanted last year. It is such a pretty name. I tend to change my mind on names alot for some reason, but I remember that being the name I wanted. I go through phases. Well, also on that first grade team were Paige, and Khiandra. Somehow, we have all ended up pregnant at the exact same time! That would have been crazy had we all still worked together! Christy is due first, then me, then Khiandra is due May 10, and Paige is due May 14th. It is so fun to be pregnant with all of them! What a special thing! I am so happy that we have all stayed in touch, and have made sure to get together from time to time. I love these girls! Amanda, who also worked at the same school was there. It was kind of like a mini-reunion. It was really great to see her. I love hearing about all the happenings at the old workplace. The shower was at La Madeleine, which I love! I got thirds! Oink! It was funny because I haven't eaten deli meat throughout my entire pregnancy(paranoid), and that was mainly all there was. I saw that 4 other pregnant people were eating it so I decided to not be so weird about it. I ate it! I proceeded to think about it all day. I am crazy I think. I was hoping it was fine that I ate it, and questioning whether it was okay. Well everything was okay. I didn't get sick or anything. I may be warming up to the deli meat again. Christy's shower may have broken me of my fear of deli meat! Awesome! I have missed it!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

So so so so cute!!!