Tuesday, January 27, 2009

26 week appointment

Can I just say that I can't believe that I am almost 27 weeks already!! How crazy! It is just getting more and more real everyday! It has been a stressful few months, but I think that I am finally starting to relax. I feel great, and the baby is kicking more than ever. It is pretty funny. I will just sit there with the remote on my stomach and just watch it move. Neal thinks I am crazy, but I don't care. I will continue to put objects on my stomach! I haven't had anything major like heartburn or anything like that. I am pretty comfortable still. Check back with me like in two months. I am sure that will change! So we went for our little check-up and glucose screening. I have officially gained 19 pounds. That is so crazy to me because I don't feel like I have gained that much, but I definitely feel heavier! My stomach was measured and the size is great. I took my little orange filled sugar drink yesterday to check my sugar tolerance, and I will find out tomorrow how that worked out. At first, it tasted pretty good. It tasted like a Gatorade with more sugar in it. You have five minutes to drink it, so that last 2 gulps were nasty. Too much, too fast. Not too bad though. All is going great though! I can't ask for anything more. Although, I would like to ask that my thighs quit growing. No one warned be about that one. What on earth? Today, I was also supposed to go in for my 3d ultrasound. I have been waiting for this forever! Well, I had to cancel because it was supposed to ice today. I rescheduled for next Tuesday. I was really upset about cancelling. I was really pumped for this appointment! Oh well, one more week won't kill us. Aside from that, everything is going great, and now if I can just come up with a name...

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I can't believe it either! It seems like yesterday that I was telling you I was pregnant....and now you are just about 3 months from having a baby girl of your own....

We have a lot to do in the next 13 weeks!!!!

Amanda Martin said...

I am so happy for you. It was so good to see you. I hope you'll post your sonogram pics. Take care of yourself.