Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jessica's 30th Birthday!


Me, Jess, and Christian

Happy 30th Jess!



Ah, turning 30. It is such a confusing birthday for some. I was reflecting on that while going to one of dearest friend's Jessica's 30th birthday party. I remember hating it, but at the same time there was this different sense of myself that I never really had. In retrospect, I really enjoyed turning 30. Although my 20's were alot of fun, and pretty carefree, I feel that I really fell into myself after 30. It feels great, and I feel better that I did in my 20's, even pregnant! It is almost like a coming out party! Her birthday was alot of fun! We ate at Cremona's, which is in uptown. I had never been there, but it was really good. I will definitely go back. Christian, Jessica's sister, and another close friend of mine, came in town from El Paso. It was really great to get together. Jess has such great friends here that she has met in the past few years. After the restaurant everyone headed to a bar. It was early enough that I actually tried to check it out. I went in there while Neal stayed in the car. I thought I would scope it out first. I walked in, and hit this wall of cigar smoke. I literally hugged Christian, turned around and left within 5 seconds. I tried! Dallas is supposed to be smoke-free! Whatever! I had a great time though, and Jessica entered her 30's in great form!

2 comments:

Paige said...

That shirt looks really good on you.

Natalie said...

It did...I agree....I was just thinking how I haven't seen that one!