Sunday, January 4, 2009

My First Baby Shower!

Yummy cakes!






Me and Preeti

Me and Jen

Christian, Jess, Me, and Gloria



Leslie, Liz, Christian, Michele, Me, Jess, Jen, and Val


Well I have had my first baby shower ever! I loved it! The only drawback was that my belly was still trying to emerge. I was only 21 weeks at that point. My dear friends Jessica, Liz, Christian, and Yaisa threw a shower for me in El Paso. Some of my friends I hadn't seen in two years. I had to talk myself into not tearing up. I have known these girls for many years, and they have been just a great support to me over the years. I love that we all got to get together, and just visit. That is my favorite thing to do during the holidays, or anytime for that matter. Then you throw in some yummy snacks and some pink clothes, and all is right with the world! I got some of the cutest things. It still really hasn't hit me yet. It is so weird. I love all the gifts for the baby, but at the same time, it seems like they are for someone else's baby. I hear that is totally normal. I am sure it will hit me like a pound of bricks in May! Thank you so much my friends for making it such a special day for me!

1 comment:

Paige said...

It hasn't really hit me yet either, that I am having another one. I think it is just one of those things that has to hit you like bricks, even the second time.