Monday, October 13, 2008

Back to normal...


Three weeks between appointments is soooo long! I know that the stretch gets even longer later, but for me, this was that longest I had gone without seeing a doctor. I didn't know if the baby was still there, or if it was growing ok. I was still feeling very very tired, and did not have an appetite. So all seemed like it was going well. The only thing that worried me was that I stopped taking my progesterone shots at 8 weeks. All of my other IVF friends did not stop until 10 or 11 weeks. Apparently, the placenta starts to take over making progesterone. Well, I was concerned that my placenta would be the one that wouldn't do what it was supposed to. Naturally, I called my doctor over at the IVF place, and she said not to worry. I asked her if someone's placenta ever did not make the progesterone when it was supposed to and she said no. I instantly stopped worrying about it. Phew! Well Neal and I got to go to my regular OB for my 10 week visit. There was our little alien moving!! It had arms and legs and a gigantic head! Whoa! The head was moving side to side and the arms were flapping. It was nuts. I wasn't expecting that. We also got to hear the hearbeat. It was great! It was loud and fast. She answered some of our questions, and there were quite a bit! I felt really great about our appointment, and just felt this great relief come over me. We made it past a very critical point in development! We are just taking it one day at a time, and hoping that our baby continues to grow and develop like it is supposed to!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mel & Neal-Lance and I are so very happy for you as you realize your dreams of having a baby! We will continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby!!! Thank you for sharing your story. We don't get together enough to catch up on the little things. This is a great way to be a part of your lives. We love ya! AJ