Sunday, October 5, 2008

Let the madness begin...


As if the end of the school year wasn't crazy enough, I had to go and throw IVF into the whole mix. I started everything during the last two weeks of school. My school was so supportive and my team at school was great about everything. I was really nervous about getting things going, but there is nothing like a woman on a mission. If you are on a mission, you can pretty much get through anything. I remember getting my big box of syringes and meds. It was kind of exciting! The shots were a little tricky at first. I was pretty lucky because I didn't have to take as much as some poor girls. I took one shot a night for about two weeks. The very first shot I had to take took about half an hour. I was just so anxious about it. It had to go in my stomach. Neal was ready to just stab me with it, but I couldn't handle someone else giving me a shot in my stomach. There was just something weird about it. Well soon the shot giving got pretty easy. Then came the one in the upper thigh. Luckily I only had to take two of those. That one took 45 minutes to do. The leg was just scary! During this whole time my stomach blew up, and I could hardly walk. I was basically just full of eggs, and the bigger they got the worse I felt. I was going to my doctor's office about every other day to see if my eggs were almost ready. Finally, they had reached a good size, and it was time to take them out...

No comments: