Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Worth the wait...

The two week wait was pressing on. I once again did not feel any symptoms. I was really starting to think the worst. Meanwhile, I was still on my progesterone injections. This time I had an arsenal of people giving me my shots. Because Neal travels quite a bit, I had to have back-ups for when he wasn't there. My cousin Cynthia, my mother-in-law Betty, and my dear friend Natalie all were called upon to give me shots on my butt. How lovely is that? I will never forget Natalie saying, as she held the shot in position, "should I count down?" I was like no! Just do it. I don't want to know about it! The support of my friends and family throughout this whole ordeal was priceless. Neal and I could not have done it alone. At my lowest, it was their support, as well as Neal's, that got me through it. Finally, the day of my pregnancy test, also called the beta, came. I had a school meeting that day. Up until my pregnancy test, I still didn't think that I had any symptoms. I did take note of a few things though. I was restless at night. I was waking up and tossing and turning every night. I was getting migraines. I never get migraines. The day of my pregnancy test, I did feel a little tightness in my stomach. However, I had just done back to back IVF procedures, so I didn't think anything of it. So I went in for my blood test. Neal was still out of town, but was coming home early so that we could get the results together. The results were ready at noon, but I didn't want to find out the results at school. I had to wait until 4:00! That drive home was horrible. I was starting to feel sick again. I get home, and Neal still wasn't home! He finally got there, and I called the office. My nurse was busy, and I had to leave a voicemail! Ugh. Within five minutes, she called back. She paused which made my stomach turn. She then said the words that we had been waiting to hear for over two years. You are pregnant!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I just screamed and teared up again!!!! I just remember hearing you say that! And I remember before that day dreaming about the how it would sound when you said it! The best news of 2008!!!!