Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The dreaded 2ww...

When we first started our little adventure, I felt this need to saturate my brain with all things IVF. I entered this world of never ending acronyms. So 2ww means 2 week wait. That was probably the easiest one. I had to look for this little IVF dictionary to figure out what everything meant. So I had been taking progesterone injections in my hip since the egg retrieval. Those were big shots! I iced up before each shot. Neal and my mother-in-law had to give them to me. The thing that was really hard was the emotional aspect of all of this. Compared to the shots, and procedures, this was the hardest to endure. With the shots and procedures, I was going into the doctor's office every other day or two. I always knew what was going on. After the transfer, they kind of just let you go. You basically have to act like you are pregnant because you just may be. I was just constantly wondering if something I was feeling was something going on like implantation or something. I was having all kinds of little pains, and I was very very tired. The problem with IVF is that you are taking this progesterone, and those hormones give you pregnancy symptoms. So I was very confused. The two weeks took forever. It was summer, so I had alot of time to think too much. I just felt so blah. So finally the day of the pregnancy test came. I was really nervous and my stomach started hurting again. I went to doctor to get my blood drawn. They have to draw blood since it would be so early in the pregnancy. So I had to wait about 4 hours before they got the results. Neal and I just went to Whole Foods, and picked up some things. We wanted to stay busy. We then went home and waited. I had Neal answer the phone. I couldn't do it. Instead of the nurse saying positive or negative, she gave Neal a number. Neal thought that it was okay that I hear that so he gave me the phone. Come to find out that that number was very low. I had had a chemical pregnancy when all was said and done. I basically lost it before it even got going. I was like pregnant the day before or something like that. Not a good day, week, or month. It was pretty devastating to go through all that and have nothing to show for it. To top it off, I lost my dog Franklin half way into my cycle. What in the world? Well there was just one thing that would make me feel better...

1 comment:

Paige said...

Is it getting a new dog?