Sunday, October 5, 2008

Off to a bad start...


So all went well with my fertility doctor. We absolutely loved her, and felt that IVF was going to be a good thing for us. It was actually our only option. I had all these different ideas, but the doctor just knocked them down. So in April we began with some basic tests. One of the tests was called an HSG. It checks to make sure that all is how it's supposed to be inside. I was told by multiple people that it just causes mild cramping. Well, I could handle that. I should have known that it isn't always that way when they didn't let Neal come back with me. I had taken four Advil before the procedure, so I thought that all would be great. Let me just say that it has been the worst experience I have ever had. I was in a strange place with strangers. It wasn't even my doctor, and I didn't have any warning of the pain that I was about to feel. There was a male doctor down there(which I have never had,) and a nurse. I squeezed that poor nurse's hand so hard. It was the worst pain. I like saw black. I was crying so hard. I never do that! I swear I am not a wimp. They were saying nothing to me. I really wish Neal had been there. That might have helped a little bit. I came out of the room with my puffy red face, and poor Neal was like, "what is going on?" I couldn't even talk about it. I was officially traumatized. I would start crying randomly throughout the day. I was really bothered by the whole thing. I looked online and was thinking to myself that I could not be the only one that felt this way. Sure enough, I found all these blogs and message boards about how bad it was. That actually made me feel better. I was starting to question myself. So that is how my whole experience started. I was not looking forward to the rest...

2 comments:

Paige said...

Hopefully that was the worst that you had to go through. I can't imagine your labor and delivery being any worse unless for some reason you don't get an epidural.

Natalie said...

Yeah!!! You put a picture! You look so cute there!!! Scared little Meha!