Saturday, October 4, 2008

Not all things go as planned...

Well it has been crazy two years. Neal and I have enjoyed our time together, and wanted to try and have a baby that we knew we always wanted, but just didn't know just when would be the right time. Well we finally decided that we were ready. We had planned it just right! Well, not so much. Early into us trying to conceive, we found out that it was going to be a little harder than we thought. After two years of tests, tons of waiting, anxiety, and impatience, we finally realized that we were not going to be able to have a baby "naturally." Meanwhile, I was able to enjoy alot of my friend's babies, who had also started trying at the same time Neal and I had started. I am not going to lie, it was hard. However, one baby in particular, Kate, who is my best friend's Natalie's baby, definitely gave me my baby fix. I saw her on a weekly basis, and I truly believe, helped me to get through some of the feelings I was having. Some people don't want to be around babies when they are having fertility problems, but in my case, I needed it. So I finally went to my OB and she referred us to...the IVF doctor. Well we decided just to proceed with the big kahuna. The mother of all fertility treatments. Just like we had always planned...

No comments: